Donny van de Beek signs with Eintracht Frankfurt on loan

    Donny van de Beek has successfully navigated his way out of the challenging situation at Manchester United. Recent reports from Germany suggest that Eintracht Frankfurt has reached an agreement with Manchester United to loan the Dutch midfielder during the upcoming January transfer window until the conclusion of the season.

    According to these reports, Eintracht Frankfurt will assume 60% of Van de Beek’s €7 million ($7.6 million) salary, while the remaining 40% will be covered by the Premier League club. Despite Frankfurt’s financial capability to fully cover the salary, the club has opted to maintain the current salary structure of its existing squad.

    As part of the agreement, there is a provision for a €15 million ($16.3 million) fee to make the deal permanent in the summer. If this potential deal materializes, it would position the 26-year-old Dutch international as the second most expensive transfer in Frankfurt’s club history, as per Transfermarkt.

    While the deal is reportedly close, Frankfurt has refrained from confirming it officially. Head coach Dino Toppmöller stated, “We don’t comment on transfer speculations,” ahead of a crucial match against league leaders Leverkusen on Saturday. However, he acknowledged the quality of Van de Beek, describing him as a talented player.

    The timing of this move aligns with Frankfurt’s strategic needs, especially with midfielders Farès Chaïbi and Ellyes Skhiri set to participate in the Africa Cup. Signing Van de Beek addresses the team’s midfield depth concerns, marking one of the crucial pieces for Frankfurt in the winter transfer window. Another key objective for the club is securing one or two center-forwards to fill the void left by Randal Kolo Muani.

    Related articles



    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Share article

    Latest articles


    Subscribe to stay updated.